Select Page

I have very little time for writing, owing to the fact that most of my time is spent editing others works, but having promised a few writer friends that I would try to sort my manuscript out for publication, I have been making an effort to do just that.

I signed up to camp with a view to editing at least 15,000 words, and I’m pleased to report that I ‘won’ although, as you can see, I had quite a few days where I wasn’t working on it, and a manic typing session on the final day to complete camp.
camp

All in all, it was quite a productive month. I managed to sort out my first six chapters. Most of which required more than a little rewriting, but still, I feel it’s reading a lot better now. The tricky part is keeping up with it. I’ve spent most of May editing, so it has only been the last couple of days I’ve been able to get back to it, but I’m determined if nothing else.

I’m not actively promoting this blog as I don’t have much to say, but I’m going to use it to record my progress. Really, through the course of this year, I’m editing with a view to getting the story straight. I fully intend to hire a developmental editor with the hope that they will be able to assist me in ironing out any wrinkles.

That’s the plan at the time of writing anyway. So as of tomorrow, I shall record my progress, research, and other thoughts on the process, if only to push myself forward and do this thing.